A little over a month ago I turned 29.
I don’t even feel like I’m 29. Somedays I feel like I’m 19 still and other days I feel like I’m 59.
But having the reality hit that I’m going to be 30 in less than a year has made me realize that there’s a lot of things I haven’t done yet in my life and well, the clock is ticking.
To help me cope with this reality of aging and becoming less of a spring chicken, I decided to come up with a list of things that I want to do before I turn 30.
Now before I show you my list of things I wrote down. I wanted to let you know that at the end of the list is a FREE printable that you can use to make your own Thirty Before Thirty list.
I also wanted to let you know that I thought about putting things down like get a house, have another kid, visit a European country, but I realized that they might not be feasible. I decided to make a list of things I knew that I could feasibly do before my birthday in December. You might make a different list and be able to get a house or visit Paris though! And if so, that’s awesome and I hope you get to do it!
- Read 30 books
- Learn to crochet
- Learn to knit
- Join the Rebel Legion as a Jedi
- Write a novel
- Learn Dothraki
- Go to the aquarium again but this time with Marvel
- Go to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point
- Start an Etsy shop
- Go to the Zoo with Marvel and ride the Carousel
- Go camping over the summer
- Go to a concert
- Go to a museum we have never been to before
- Read and study The Book of Mormon all the way through
- Try a new restaurant
- Try a new food
- Make a fun YouTube video
- Play Dungeons and Dragons
- Participate in a charity walk
- Ride a train
- Get my passport
- Build a blanket fort for in home movie night
- See a play or a musical
- Visit my Alma Mater
- Visit the city Sean and I first lived in as a married couple
- Go to a marching band competition
- Make something to donate to Primary Children’s Medical Center
- Learn to code
- Sing Karaoke
- Have a game night party with friends
Thankfully I’ve already got some of these set up like my pile of books I want to read. I’ll make sure to update you all at the end of the year with my adventures, but if you want to follow along in the meantime, go ahead and start following me on Instagram. My Instagram name is @2marriedgeeks and I’ll be using the hashtag #Jessica30before30
Now for the best part. If you want to do your own 30 before 30, here is the checklist that you can download for FREE to write down your own thirty before thirty list that you’d like to do.